[SIPForum-discussion] TO HEADER

Arijeet Pal arijeetpal at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 18:44:18 UTC 2008

Hello Nora,

Thanks for bringing this up. 

As far the Display name itself is concerned I take back my word. You are absolutely correct; display names MAY or MAY NOT be present within quotes.

As for '<' and '>', what I meant was that IF display-name is present THEN the uri should be wrapped in '<' &  '>'. Else, that is if display name is not present then wrapping up of the uri within '<'  and '>' is optional. For reference we may visit RFC 3261, Section 20.10, Paragraph 4.

Please let us know whether we are on the same page here. And again thanks a lot for pointing this out. 

Best Regards,
Arijeet

--- On Wed, 9/24/08, 雨 陈 <chen.yu26 at yahoo.com.cn> wrote:

Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] TO HEADER
To: arijeetpal at yahoo.com, "group SIP" <discussion at sipforum.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 24, 2008, 9:42 PM

Hi Arijeet,

As far as I am concerned about the RFC3261 section 8.1.1.3 ,it give us three examples about the FROM head field which is similar with TO:
1.From: "Bob" <sips:bob at biloxi.com> ;tag=a48s
2. From: sip:+12125551212 at phone2net.com;tag=887s
3.  From: Anonymous <sip:c8oqz84zk7z at privacy.org>;tag=hyh8

With all due respect, I think the display name can be quoted or not ,and the '<' ,'>' is optional.Furthermore, as the practical data I had got, the SIP-I msg alway be used in the NO.2 way, that is to say, the format likes Tel URI without quote.

Regards

Nora

Arijeet Pal <arijeetpal at yahoo.com> 写道:

Hello Nitin,

1. According to the standards(e.g. RFC 3261), display name has to be a quoted string. So your 2nd example is correct in this context. The first one may not be.

2. The uri is present within "<" and ">". This is correct too. If you have a display-name then the uri should be wrapped up in these [RAQOUT & LAQOUT].

3. However I am not sure about the presence of the "#" character in your uri part [not the display-name]. This ideally should be present ONLY as an additional part - as an association of an URI (not a part) in order to denote a fragment (especially required when retrieving a document). In the current example it does not seem (to me) to be in the correct place. I would request you to consult RFC 2396 in this context and double-check.

Happy hunting.

Thanks and Regards,
Arijeet

--- On Tue, 9/23/08, nitin kapoor <nitinkapoorr at gmail.com> wrote:

Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] TO HEADER
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Date: Tuesday, September 23, 2008, 12:36 AM

Hello All    I would like to make some changes in the SIP "To" message:    Is it possible to change the "To:" field format from this: If yes  then  how can we make the changes and if no then what is the reason.( I am  using Nextone (SBC: session board controller)    To: 10999#15148808052 <sip:10999#15148808052 at 204.10.203.149>    to this:    To: "10999#15148808052" <sip:10999#15148808052 at 204.10.203.149>      Thanks in advance    Nitin kapoor 
 _______________________________________________  This is the SIP Forum discussion mailing list  TO UNSUBSCRIBE, or edit your delivery options, please visit  http://sipforum.org/mailman/listinfo/discussion  Post to the list at discussion at sipforum.org  

雅虎邮箱,您的终生邮箱!

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20080924/f9d0db71/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list