[SIPForum-discussion] SIP original A-number

Jonathan Wagner jonathanpwagner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 14:30:49 UTC 2008

The problem is the PBX must send that information in the INVITE. Typically
this does not happen as the PBX "loops" the call through the box and the new
call leg is in fact a NEW call leg and will look as such in the INVITE. If
the PBX can make use of the ISDN Redirected Number IE, this can be converted
to either a Diversion header or History-Info header to tell the Application
Server that the call belongs to the proper user and the "correct" CLID is
displayed.
Some PBX's simply send the call back out then change the outgoing INVITE to
be From A-Number To forwarding destination, many Application Servers will
reject this call because neither the A-number nor the forwarding destination
are users built on that server and the call appears to be invalid.

So to answer your question, yes there are ways to preserve the A-number in a
SIP message, the PBX/IAD/SBC must present this information in the SIP
message.

Jonathan Wagner