[SIPForum-discussion] Logical Recipient of REGISTER and INVITE

Sandeep Mohapatra sandeep01it22 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Oct 6 09:52:21 UTC 2008

Hi,

If the very next proxy of the UA is doing both the jobs

1. Forwarding the requests based on DNS and address resolution
2. Registar server

In this case the RURI of REGISTER and INVITE request will be the same. Else if they are  different servers then the UA generates the requests(REGISTER and INVITE) will have two different  addresses in their RURIs

Hope this clarify . Please let me know in case of additional queries.

Regards,
Sandeep
ARICENT