[SIPForum-discussion] Busy Lamp Field (BLF) and Presence

Ayyanar PK pkayyanar at in.com
Sat Nov 29 02:51:06 UTC 2008

 Hello Vivek/Anndrea,I can't understand what this feature is about? Where it can be used?Could you(both)please explain this topic in a comprehensible manner, otherwise provide a suitable link that explains the same. I am a beginner, so please help me.Regards,Ayyanar Original message From:Andro< androjoker at gmail.com >Date: 29 Nov 08 01:42:48Subject:Re: [SIPForumdiscussion] Busy Lamp Field (BLF) and PresenceTo: "Vivek Batra" Yes Vivek,Application Server (AS) uses Subscribe/Notify methods to inform the main unit about the status of monitored lines.So , the main unit has to subscribe to the service on the AS. Then AS inform the main unit each time the status of monitored line changes. Hope it helps,Andrea2008/11/28 Vivek Batra Hi,Anyone has idea about the functioning of BLF (Busy Lamp Field) in IP Phone. How the central entity (B2BUA) updates the IP Phone about the status (viz Ringing, Idle, Busy) of other numbers which IP Phone wants to monitor? Does it works using SUBSCRIBE/ NO