[SIPForum-discussion] Dynamic Payload

Ayyanar PK pkayyanar at in.com
Sat Nov 22 03:29:03 UTC 2008

 Hi,I want to know what is dynamic payload in SIP.I have seen in SIP SDP that along with voice codec there is also something called dynamic payload that is present in the media description line. What is it used for and is it something similar to the codecs ?Why do we need one ? when we have static payloads available. How different is it from the static payloadsPlease explain otherwise mention some link(apart from RFC) that explains the same in a comprehensible manner .Thanks in advanceAyyanar