[SIPForum-discussion] Getting 500 Sip Error

Raghul Prasanna raghul82 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 10:17:35 UTC 2008

HI Nitin,

 The problem could be the UA sending an update before recv 200 OK for the Prack...

  I believe the update is trying to mute becoz, the connection info is set 0.0.0.0.....

The following is somewhat related to your call. So I believe the problem could be to do with the update being sent...

FROM RFC 3311

If the UPDATE is being sent before completion of the initial
         INVITE transaction, and the initial INVITE did not contain an
         offer, the UPDATE can contain an offer if the callee generated
         an offer in a reliable provisional response, and the UAC
         generated an answer in the corresponding PRACK.  Of course, it
         can't send an UPDATE if it has not received answers to any
         other offers it sent in either PRACK or UPDATE, or has not
         generated answers for any other offers it received in an UPDATE
         from the callee.

Thanks,
Raghul