[SIPForum-discussion] call on hold

Bhaskar Reddy Chintam Reddy bhaskar.chintam at aricent.com
Fri May 30 08:02:41 UTC 2008

Hi All,

In case of B2B I don't think they are referring to Expires header or expires tag in Contact header, which are mentioned in RFC 3261.

These two (Expires Header and expires tag) have different purposes w.r.to INVITE and REGISTER and they will not talk about duration of the session. Also scope these two is limited to Transaction Stateful Proxy and Stateless Proxy, So we can't apply these to a Call stateful entity like B2B.

There is one timer called session timer (The Header name for this timer is 'Session-Expires' ) in RFC 4028, which meant for the duration of the session in case of B2B.

Rgds
Bhaskar Reddy,
Aricent , Bangalore.