[SIPForum-discussion] What are heart beat messages in VOIP viaSIPcalls? What is the standard? Thanks

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Thu May 22 07:06:02 UTC 2008

Hi,

I think he meant 4028 - session timers. These can be used as heartbeat, but
the related timeout is over 90 seconds, so you need to check if that’s what
you need.

For shorter “heartbeat” T.O, I don’t think there are “standard”
mechanisms defined, but I’ve seen several implementations designing their
own.

Regards,

Herve

  _____