[SIPForum-discussion] Decoding G711 audio

mfc at aol.in mfc at aol.in
Thu May 22 05:26:04 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have a few queries and I am totally new to VoIP.

1. Is there a way to convert G711 (both alaw and mulaw) back to PCM? I searched through the internet and am still searching, but I thought I will put up this query to you people as someone might have experienced this problem already.

2. How are DTMF tones transmitted over a SIP call? If I dial say 34 when a call is mature, how is this tone sent to the other end? What are the commands used? Is it sent as a MESSAGE?

3. Is there a way to retrieve all the registered client information (the client extension and ID/name) from the SIP Server/Registrar? Is this possible? Can you provide me some leads to a program or some API/Functions?

I thank you all for your time. I appreciate it.

Warm Regards,
Rajesh R.