[SIPForum-discussion] HELP

Mario ecembaa at gmail.com
Wed May 21 08:21:33 UTC 2008

Hi Zabi,

As far as I understand it. Originaly, the main objective of the branch
ID was used to distinguish between multiple responses to the same
request (e.g. INVITE).

In the latest specification, the branch parameter is used to uniquely
identify a transaction created at a given entity and assist in the
recognition of loop conditions.

Thus, the branch parameter must be unique for every request issued by
a client. except of CANCEL and ACK for non-2xx responses (in these
cases the branch should be the same as the branch for the original
request -  the one being cancelled, or receiving the non-2XX response)

hope this helps.
Best Regards.