[SIPForum-discussion] two questions about SIP.

Ganesh Bhattathiri ganesh_bhattathiri at persistent.co.in
Wed May 21 04:07:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

I think answer to your question is that it should process it.

>From (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sip-hop-limit-diagnostics-01)

   Request if sent with the Max-Forwards value set to only 1 it should
traverse only the first outbound
   proxy, and then be rejected by the next system that it encounters.

Therefore in your case it UA will continue the process but the next hop it
will respond with an to many hops error response
(483 Too Many Hops Response)

This is what I believe is the answer, correct me if I am wrong.

Ganesh

  _____