[SIPForum-discussion] Testing Parser

M. Ranganathan mranga at gmail.com
Thu May 15 13:34:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 11:03 AM, Ganesh Bhattathiri
<ganesh_bhattathiri at persistent.co.in> wrote:
> Hi Guys I am here to trouble you again. I need to know if there is any free
> tool by which I can test a SIP Parser.

Get the SIP Parser Torture test RFC (5118).  If you have access to the
parser API, feed it a message at a time and see if anything breaks.
Take a look at http://www.ee.oulu.fi/research/ouspg/protos/testing/c07/sip/
you may be able to use something from that tool. NIST-SIP has encoded
the torture test messages in a XML script.

> Thanks in advance
>

> Ganesh

M. Ranganathan