[SIPForum-discussion] hi jitter value..

Raj rajasekhar.l at gmail.com
Fri May 2 12:24:32 UTC 2008

Hi,
i am not sure about which algorithm you are following for jitter buffer. The
network delay is variable one, most of the jitter buffer algorithms will
calculate the jitter value using the estimated network delay and the fixed
delay(delay for processing the vocie packet after receiving from network).
The jitter buffer will buffer the voice packets and it will play at the end
point to make the listener not to feel uncomfortable because of these
delays.

On 5/2/08, priyaranjan das <priyaranjan81 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In a SIP network, I have faced a very piculiar problem.While I am in a
> call and I want to see the network parameter in my phone,sometimes the
> jitter value in my phone shows 70msc or even 80 msc.At that same time the
> oneway network delay varies from 11000msc to -10546msc.But still they dont
> have any effect on the voice quqlity.
>
> Can u suggest me in which case the jitter value and the network delay time
> rises to that extent,without affecting the voice quqlity.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Priyaranjan

-Raaz