[SIPForum-discussion] RTCP Packet Loss

Raj rajasekhar.l at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 20:55:13 UTC 2008

There is no concept of retransmitting Voice data packets in realtime
communications.
In the DLCXACX I am getting some packet loss statistics due to RTCP.
RTCP will have Sender reports and receiver reports, it will contain the last
sequence number and timestamp of last received RTP Packet. with this info
the endpoint will be able to find whats happening on communication from each
side.

--Raj

On 3/26/08, John Pasa <jsparija at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I am making a SIP to ISUP call involving a Media Gateway.
>
> In the DLCXACX I am getting some packet loss statistics due to RTCP.
>
> Does this packet loss means some data are not received  sent. I mean there
> is some voice packet lost or it means that no of packets are lost and then
> retransmitted.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Joe

-Raaz