[SIPForum-discussion] What is the function of telephone-event?

Jason Nesheim jnesheim at telepacific.com
Thu Mar 6 18:27:12 UTC 2008

If you are not using a media proxy of some sort, ie a SBC, the RTP flows
directly between endpoints.  In that case the proxy never receives the
RFC2833 telephone events so it is not possible for it to convert those
events to a SIP INFO event.  At that point it would be a requirement for
both of the SIP endpoints to support RFC2833.

On 3/6/08 9:46 AM, "Victor Pascual Ávila" <victor.pascual.avila at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Folks,
is there any interoperability between DTMF modes? If I'm using
RFC2833,
> is there other possibility to convert it to SIP Info Method
not using a
> media-proxy?

Cheers,
Victor Pascual