[SIPForum-discussion] British Telecom Ring Back service

Abhinav Gandhi abhinav.gandhi at suncorptech.com
Mon Mar 3 17:08:57 UTC 2008

Hi Joel, 

Do you mean the CCBS service of BT ? If so, YES.. Ringback serice is possible in SIP.. Some of the operators I work with are planning to have or already have this feature.

Now, obviously, the ringback feature is operator dependent. The operator MUST support this service so that the server can register teh missed call and ring you back when the called party ends an existing call. Even if the called user is on another operators line, you can have a ringback provided that operator supports this feature.

Let me know if you need further assistance..

Best Regards,
Abhinav Gandhi 

Technical Project Manager - VoIP
Suncorp Communicaitons (Europe) Limited.
London SE1 3ER

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Joel Silva
Sent: 03 March 2008 15:55
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] British Telecom Ring Back service

Hi all.

Can someone explain me how does the ring back service from British Telecom Works?

Is it possible to implement such service in SIP? I can understand the principles of functioning if the user is in the same operator than me but how can I know if the user that I want to call is still engaged in a call if he belongs to another operator?

Thanks,

Joel.

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Lorri Wolfe
Sent: segunda-feira, 3 de Março de 2008 14:05
To: 'Andrea Puddu'; discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Cisco 7940-60 does not record calls withtel-uri "From"

I think BS always uses sip.  Let me see if any of the PBX's we support send tel.

Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 7:52 AM
To: Lorri Wolfe; discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: RE: [SIPForum-discussion] Cisco 7940-60 does not record calls with tel-uri "From"

Lorri,

does Broadsoft use "tel uri" or "sip uri" in the "To" filed of the INVITE?

Andrea

To: androjoker at hotmail.com; discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: RE: [SIPForum-discussion] Cisco 7940-60 does not record calls with tel-uri "From"
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:38:27 -0600

We use Cisco 7940-60 with Broadsoft and have not had the same experience.

Lorri

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Andrea Puddu
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2008 5:36 AM
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Cisco 7940-60 does not record calls with tel-uri "From"

Does anybody work with this kind of phones?

I can't find any discussion talking about this fault ... but it seemes to me to be a serious fault.

Is the tel-uri a standard format acceptable by the phones, is it?

Thanks,

Andrea

Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Cisco 7940-60 does not record calls with tel-uri "From"
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:39:26 +0000

Hi guys,

I noticed that some Cisco phones (7940-7960) does not record calls arriving "From" a tel-uri instead of a a sip-uri:

From: "Andrew" <tel:xxxxx;phone-context:+39>;tag=xxxxxxxxxx

instead of

From: "Andrew" <sip:xxxxx at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>;tag=xxxxxxxxxx

So these kind of calls are not stored in "missed calls" and "received calls". Has anyone noticed this issue?

Thanks,

Andrea

Messenger Giochi Prenditi una pausa e sfida i tuoi amici a Ladybird su Messenger! <http://messengergiochi.it.msn.com/ladybird.aspx>  

Raccolta foto di Windows Live Ordina e condividi le tue foto in maniera semplice e veloce! <http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview> 

Messenger Giochi Prenditi una pausa e sfida i tuoi amici a Ladybird su Messenger! <http://messengergiochi.it.msn.com/ladybird.aspx> 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20080303/b2baf3ed/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list