[SIPForum-discussion] British Telecom Ring Back service

Abhinav Gandhi abhinav.gandhi at suncorptech.com
Mon Mar 3 17:08:57 UTC 2008

Hi Joel,

 Do you mean the CCBS service of BT ? If so, YES.. Ringback serice is possible in SIP.. Some of the operators I work with are planning to have or already have this feature.

 Now, obviously, the ringback feature is operator dependent. The operator MUST support this service so that the server can register teh missed call and ring you back when the called party ends an existing call. Even if the called user is on another operators line, you can have a ringback provided that operator supports this feature.

 Let me know if you need further assistance..

Best Regards,
Abhinav Gandhi

Technical Project Manager - VoIP
Suncorp Communicaitons (Europe) Limited.
London SE1 3ER