[SIPForum-discussion] Codec selection with SIP

Donald Lee baolovebao at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 08:34:34 UTC 2008

Acctually it depends on the UAS's behavior, it prefer to select the codec as
remoter first or local first. In this case, if A as the UAC and B as the
UAS. in remote first case, B will select 711, otherwise it will select 729.

And for my experience, the SIP device should have this ability to change it
prefer select method according to various conditions.

On 6/3/08, Eric Burger <eburger at sipforum.org> wrote:

> Often the codec selection by the UAS, not in priority of UAC, is UAS policy
> enforcement.
>
> On Jun 2, 2008, at 9:27 PM, Yuantao Zhang wrote:
>

>> I think Raj is right. For my experience, UAS respects itself more than
>> UAC. UAS will choose one codec according to its own priority. But is there
>> any standard for this? Or just most software engineers prefer this?

BR
Donald