[SIPForum-discussion] contact field in register

nitin kapoor nitinkapoorr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:46:55 UTC 2008

Dear Raghul

   Contact header field provides a SIP or SIPS URI that can be used
   to contact that specific instance of the UA for subsequent requests.
   The Contact header field MUST be present and contain exactly one SIP
   or SIPS URI in any request that can result in the establishment of a
   dialog.  For the methods defined in this specification, that includes
   only the INVITE request.  For these requests, the scope of the
   Contact is global.  That is, the Contact header field value contains
   the URI at which the UA would like to receive requests, and this URI
   MUST be valid even if used in subsequent requests outside of any
   dialogs.

   If the Request-URI or top Route header field value contains a SIPS
   URI, the Contact header field MUST contain a SIPS URI as well.

Regards
Nitin Kapoor
NOC Engineer
I CALL GLOBE LTD
919990069054

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Raghul Prasanna <raghul82 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

>   In register message I have seen contact fields having parameters like
>

> contact:sip:aaa at jkhjhj.com
>
> action=proxy;q=0.9
>

> contact:mailto:aaa at jkhjhj.com
>
> q=0.1
>

>    what do these parameters mean? Can anyone explain?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Raghul

Nitin kapoor