[SIPForum-discussion] SDP attribute codec definitions

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Mon Jun 23 07:13:32 UTC 2008

Hi,

Maybe you should check RFC 3555, later replaced by RFC 4855/4856 (what
you're looking for really is in 4856).

In theory, there should be all the fmtp parameters for the codecs defined in
the RTP profile for audio/video.

If the specific codec you're looking for is not one of them, then you can
probably find the proper information with its MIME type registration.

This can be found at the IANA, either "directly", or through the RFC of the
codec for RTP (check MIME registration part).

I personally use: http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/index.html

I can find what I need from there, even if it might not be the most
efficient way.

Regards,

Herve

  _____