[SIPForum-discussion] SDP attribute codec definitions

Sandeep Mohapatra sandeep01it22 at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jun 17 17:35:54 UTC 2008

Hi Malcom,

You can refer to RFC-1890..
The snippet of the codec definitions from RFC-1890 is as follows.

PT         encoding      audio/video    clock rate    channels
                 name          (A/V)          (Hz)          (audio)
      0          PCMU          A              8000          1
      1          1016          A              8000          1
      2          G721          A              8000          1
      3          GSM           A              8000          1
      4          unassigned    A              8000          1
      5          DVI4          A              8000          1
      6          DVI4          A              16000         1
      7          LPC           A              8000          1
      8          PCMA          A              8000          1
      9          G722          A              8000          1
      10         L16           A              44100         2
      11         L16           A              44100         1
      12         unassigned    A
      13         unassigned    A
      14         MPA           A              90000        (see text)
      15         G728          A              8000          1
      16--23     unassigned    A
      24         unassigned    V
      25         CelB          V              90000
      26         JPEG          V              90000
      27         unassigned    V
      28         nv            V              90000
      29         unassigned    V
      30         unassigned    V
      31         H261          V              90000
      32         MPV           V              90000
      33         MP2T          AV             90000
      34--71     unassigned    ?
      72--76     reserved      N/A            N/A           N/A
      77--95     unassigned    ?
      96--127    dynamic       ?