[SIPForum-discussion] IP Media 3000 generating BYE message

Halit Sakca sakcahalit at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 22:20:59 UTC 2008

Hey Ashoke,Media Servers do send BYE due to RTP traffic stop.Please check RTP (announcement) after INFO was sent.The media server supports receiving ICMP Destination Unreachable messages for any UDPport being used for RTP transmission. The media server can be configured to stop RTPtransmission to ports that are no longer available, reducing unnecessary network traffic andimproving resource usage on the media server. For media servers being controlled by MGCP,the media server sends a DLCX when an ICMP Destination Unreachable message is receivedfor a connection. For media servers being controlled by SIP, the media server sends a BYEwhen an ICMP Destination Unreachable message is received for a connection.

Selamlar,

Halit Sakca