[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Trunking

Chris Gatch chris.gatch at cbeyond.net
Tue Jun 10 01:07:51 UTC 2008

The concept you are referring to was part of an early draft of the
SIPconnect Spec where a single parent account/DID was associated with
multiple child accounts.  All associated accounts share the same contact
info and authentication credentials.  This was dropped after
considerable debate.  The spec permits the behavior by saying the PBX
may register and the service provider MUST accept a REGISTER method from
a PBX.    This is the way probably 90% of SIPconnect Trunking
implementations work in the real world.  For example, Broadsoft's
business trunking feature on  their AS implements this capability.