[SIPForum-discussion] confussion about use of tcp/udp

Sharanagoud BD. sharanagoud_bd at spanservices.com
Mon Jun 9 08:57:49 UTC 2008

It means, if we use two sip UA and in that one supports (X lite) only
UDP and one more UA like sipp
that supports TCP signalling.

Try to establish call, in that one Via contains UDP transport and one
Via contains TCP transport.
So establishing successful call may not possible.

So u can check ACK request and u can confirm that u will be having two
Via header which contains TCP and UDP.

bcz of tcp/udp in packets, few sip user agents may drop the packets.

And also TCP will be used for only Signalling, and no one suggests to
use TCP media.

I think i gave enough explanation. If anything not clear means plz reply
back.

Thanks,
--Sharan.