[SIPForum-discussion] What are heart beat messages in VOIP via SIPcalls? What is the standard? T

Halit Sakca sakcahalit at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 12:54:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

Yes heartbeat messages in SIP commonly used as OPTIONS and we need to get back 200 OK in a period, if thre is a timeout to get 200 OK then we can assume that sip element is out of servise.

By the way in TCP it is periodic ARP messages.
Selamlar,Halit Sakca

From: amit.keswani at genband.comTo: yuantao.zhang at ericsson.com; discussion at sipforum.orgDate: Thu, 22 May 2008 12:47:37 +0530Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] What are heart beat messages in VOIP via SIPcalls? What is the standard? Thanks

Hi,

    I guess heartbeat messages in generic term are used to check the connectivity between
two elements and mostly it is send in OPTIONS. Like to check the connectivity of media server from
UAC.

Regards,

Amit KeswaniSMTS - System TestGENBAND TechnologiesC-42, Sector-58Noida-201303, INDIAoffice            +91.120.2588272mobile         +91.9891928745facsimile     +91.120.2588274amit.keswani at genband.com

From: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of Yuantao ZhangSent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:29 AMTo: discussion at sipforum.orgSubject: [SIPForum-discussion] What are heart beat messages in VOIP via SIPcalls? What is the standard? Thanks

What are heart beat messages in VOIP via SIP calls? What is the standard? Thanks