[SIPForum-discussion] Transport switch witin a call.

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 13:58:47 UTC 2008

I've not seen this being done in practice, but I think this should be
possible. For a mid-dialog request, the UAC/Proxy route set will
dictate using UDP to the next hop, but I think the behavior described
in section 18.1.1 will override that. You're probably aware that you
can face this problem in a response as well and you can't switch the
transport between a request and response in a transaction. This
problem is documented in the following draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gurbani-sip-large-udp-response-00

--
Raj Jain