[SIPForum-discussion] SUBSCRIBING PROBLEM

kamal mann kamal.mann at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jul 30 06:04:51 UTC 2008

Greetings,

  1)What will happen if I SUBSCRIBE with "To" ,"From" and "Contact" headers with my own sip uri(eg:varun at ims.ap.com)?
  $>Its a correct scenario. You can access your own presence information. When you send subscribe to presence for your own presence information
  i) Presence server will notify you that you (sip:varun at ims.ap.com) needs to access your presence information.
  ii) If you accept this your cleint send a notify as well as an XCAP request to XCAP (GLMS) server.
  iii). for the rest of call flow try "draft-ietf-simple-xcap-12" line-180

2)What should I do to get the presence information of all my buddies at a time?
  $> "draft-ietf-simple-xcap-12" line-180 --->
  One is presence [20] authorization policy, which defines rules about which watchers   are allowed to subscribe to a presentity, and what information they are allowed to access.  Another is presence lists, which are lists of users whose presence is desired by a watcher [26].  One way to obtain presence information for the list is to subscribe to a resource which represents that list [21].  In this case, the Resource List Server (RLS) requires access to this list in order to process a SIP [16] SUBSCRIBE [28] request for it.  Another way to obtain presence for the users on the list is for a watcher to subscribe to each user   individually.  In that case, it is convenient to have a server store the list, and when the client boots, it fetches the list from the server.  This would allow a user to access their resource lists from different clients.

  Regards,
  Mann
  T-Systems India

杨伟 <shyw13 at gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi,

  I am not sure why you are will to send a SUBSCRIBE with the from and to of your own url.

  I think if an UAS receive the request, when it does not have the url will reject it.
  This is my opinion.

  2008/7/25, mjhorse <mjhorse at qq.com>:     Hi, Here is my opnion:
  1)The response to SUBSCRIBE is the same as other requests which is responded with 200 or 4xx message code. If succeeds, there will be a NOTIFY message arriving periodically according to your SUBCRIBE content.

  2)I think there are 2 ways to get information subcribed: the first is getting the information in NOTIFY message body, the dateset type of which is shown in Content-Type field. The second is after successful subscription, establish a out-of-band method which involves other protocol like HTTP to acquire these information.

    by mj