[SIPForum-discussion] SIP trunking & contact field

Hadriel Kaplan HKaplan at acmepacket.com
Sun Jul 20 22:50:29 UTC 2008

Trunk groups are defined by RFC 4904.  A "tgrp" param is one from that RFC, but as a URI user-parameter for SIP-URI's, not a URI parameter; and both the tgrp and trunk-context user parameters have to be there.  In the contact it's the originating trunk group.  But your device should just ignore that tgrp param type as something different, and act as if no trunk-group param was received, for the purpose of trunk group routing.  However, it's true that 3261 does not allow a quoted-string for a uri-param, so that could be your problem.

-hadriel