[SIPForum-discussion] Loose routing, strict routing

Rajdeep Ahluwalia rajdeepwalia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 10:27:17 UTC 2008

Hi Raghul,

The major difference in Strict-Routing and Loose-Routing is that in
strict routing the R-URI gets modified at each hop.

Steps done for strict routing proxy.
1. Push the R-URI at the end of route headers
2. Pop the topmost Route header and set it as the R-URI of the message

Following is an example msg flow in both cases