[SIPForum-discussion] Transfer CMD not working in Asterisk 1.4.17

Konstantin Bokarius bokarius at comcast.net
Wed Jan 30 11:22:10 UTC 2008

I am attempting to do a SIP REFER using the Transfer command but instead of
transferring the channel Asterisk just goes to the next priority in the
dialplan. TRANSFERSTATUS is set to SUCCESS but the channel is not
transferred.

exten => 408XXXXXXX,n,Transfer(SIP/1650XXXXXXX at X.X.X.X|j)
exten => 408XXXXXXX,n,NoOp(${TRANSFERSTATUS})

This worked in Asterisk 1.4.0 beta3 but not in the latest release.

Is there something I'm missing and/or is there another way to do a SIP
REFER?