[SIPForum-discussion] Doubt on interpreting c-seq value

sunil kumar sendsunil.n at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:39:28 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a problem with C-seq interpretation.
RFC-3261 says Requests within a dialog MUST contain strictly monotonically
increasing and
contiguous CSeq sequence numbers (increasing-by-one) in each direction
(excepting ACK and CANCEL of course, whose numbers equal the requests being
acknowledged or cancelled).

If i get a BYE request whose C-seq value is more than the INVITE and it is
not monotonically incremeted( say Cseq >= 3) then how should my client
behave.

can any one help me out to solve this if any one knows any pointer(RFC) on
the behaviour of client pls let me know.