[SIPForum-discussion] Re-invite issue

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Tue Jan 22 19:41:53 UTC 2008

The called party is already sending a 100 Trying and 200OK prior to the
calling party sending the second Invite.  The SDP in the 200OK already
agrees on rtpmap 8 for the codec, so the calling party should not send
another Invite.  The first Invite includes different fields in the Message
Header when compared to the second Invite.  One item in particular is the
first Invite includes remote-party-id information and the second Invite
doesn't.   Another is the Request Line URI is different in both Invites.
It's as if these are two separate calls yet they both have the same Call-ID
in the To Header.   I don't think the codec is your problem.  Something else
is causing the re-invite.