[SIPForum-discussion] Registrar forcer re-registration

Mark Holloway mh at markholloway.com
Thu Jan 17 01:43:32 UTC 2008

Depending on where the outage resides and whether you have geographically
diverse SBC's, your gateways should have the ability to point to two
different geographically located SBC's as primary/secondary or use DNS SRV's
with multiple A records.  If you only have one geographic location with an
SBC, the SBC should be configured to monitor your routing and application
server clusters on the protected side of the network so it can forward the
SIP invites to the active servers in the cluster where the users' SIP
registration lives.