[SIPForum-discussion] AMR RTP payload size for Bandwidth Efficient mode

Raj rajasekhar.l at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:51:49 UTC 2008

Hi,
RFC 3267 Defined format makes the AMR packet with the given mode gives a
packet as follows.
CMR+TOC(1BIT+FT+Q)+244 Speech Bits+Padding Bits(2bits).
The padding happens for the end of the whole payload(header+speechbits) ,
not for each frame.

--raj

On Jan 13, 2008 11:04 AM, Chinmaya Dwibedy <ckdwibedy at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> My requirement is to transmit RTP packets (single frame) using AMR-NB (Bandwidth Efficient) and I think as follows.
>
> The AMR mode 7 (12.2kbps) has 244 speech bits. Adding 4 padding bits, this
> round up to 31 bytes.  So there should  only be 33 bytes in the RTP
> payload (Payload header: CMR (4 bits)+ Payload ToC: ToC entry (Follow on
> Frame (1 bit), Frame type (4 bits), Frame Quality indicator (1 bit)+31
> bytes codec bits + 6 padding bits.
>
> Please confirm whether it conforms to the AMR
>  RTP payload format (RFC3267) or not.
>
> Regards,
>
> Chinmaya.

Cheers,
Raja (The king)

" Be result oriened like HANUMAN .. if u can't recognise the
SANJIVANI..deliver the whole MOUNTAIN "