[SIPForum-discussion] O line of SDP

Herve Jourdain herve.jourdain at mstarsemi.com
Thu Jan 10 10:55:44 UTC 2008

Hi,

I think that if it's the answer to the INITIAL INVITE, the "session id" and
"version" fields of the 200 OK will NOT be correlated to the ones of the
INVITE.

So I think that if in INVITE you have:

o=root 379 379 IN IP4 <IP1>,

You will have in 200 OK:

o=foo xxx yyy IN IP4 <IP2>

As far as I know, xxx can be different from yyy, even if the implementations
I've seen usually use the same for both (as it's recommended it should be a
NTP timestamp.).

Also, xxx and yyy would/could be different from 379 in your example.

Now, for modifications to the SDP in the middle of the dialog, each party
should send the offer - and response - based on the initial "session id" and
"version" fields they initially sent, with one additional rule:

If there has been ANY modification to the SDP - and if you send again, it's
probably the case - the "session id" remains the same, but the "version"
field must be incremented by 1.

Regards,

Herve

  _____