[SIPForum-discussion] Call Hold

Ankit erankitkumar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 12:41:32 UTC 2008

Asit,

Exactly. Apart from that you can consider this as well.

GK-- Used for RAS-- Registration, Admission and status. Mainly used
for Admision control and address resolution.

GW-- Use for Call control including signalling and Media.

1.)Portal between Switched Circuit Network (e.g. PSTN) and Intranet/Extranet.
2.) Gateways interface H.323 to other networks, including the PSTN
3.)Composed of:
Media Gateway Controller (MGC):  Handles call signaling and other
non-media-related functions
Media Gateway (MG): Handles the media

--
Thanks and Regards,