[SIPForum-discussion] can any one tell me about the one way media in this scenario.

DEEPAK SHARMA deepaksharma06 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 09:15:50 UTC 2008

Hi,

As per my understanding One Way Media path establish as soon as after 180
Ringing passed from UAS --> UAC.
After this stage your point comes into the picture,Now UA(B) sends back 200
OK to UA(A)
and after UA(A) seds an ACK then Two way media Flow (RTP etc) flow happens.

Flow of INVITE --> 200 OK --> ACK is called *Three Was Handshake *after
which media starts flowing.

On Jan 4, 2008 1:55 PM, arun kumar <triarun at gmail.com> wrote:

> HI Everybody,
>
>  Here is  a Scenario , A SIP phone(A) communicates with SIP phone (B)
> across the proxy
>

>                         (A)  INVITE/SDP-----> (B)  and after the 180 ring
> (B) responds with 200 OK/SDP
>
> by this time (A) and (B) have exchanged the SDP  so before (A) sends an
> ACK to (B) will there be a one way media from (A)  -- > (B) ?
>

> --
> With Regards
> Arun Kumar .P

Thanks