[SIPForum-discussion] Sip Third Pty Registration

gurudatt balaji gurudattbalaji at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 10:24:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

I can say....

When the user is registered with the network and has been assigned a S-CSCF,
the application servers, which are interested to know about the user
registration events, in such case S-CSCF will generate a third party
registration towards application servers.

When the application server receives this request, it may perform a service
triggered by a REGISTER. If the application server doesn't support this
mechanism, it shall send back an error response to the S-CSCF, otherwise it
shall treat this request as a notification from the network about the user's
registration event and extract the important information from this REGISTER
request.

Here application servers could be presence server, class5 feature server
etc.

Hope this answered your query!

-Balaji