[SIPForum-discussion] whats special in 202 Accepted

Tomasz Zieleniewski tzieleniewski at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 08:46:20 UTC 2008

Hi,

Important thing to point out is that s REFER request MAY be placed
outside the scope of a dialog created
with an INVITE or it can create a new dialog. At the same time the
REFER request implicitly establishes a
subscription to the refer event. 202 Accepted response indicates that
the request was accepted for
processing, but the processing has not been completed. A 202 response
merely indicates that the
subscription has been understood, and that authorization may or may
not have been granted.
This is easy to understood when You imagine that usually the recipient
of the REFER request needs
to accept the request before reaching the provided resource by means
of some interaction with the user.

Kind regards
Tomasz Zieleniewski