[SIPForum-discussion] whats special in 202 Accepted

Raj Kunnukattil raj_kunnukattil at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 16:49:04 UTC 2008

Hi Ayyanar,

See RFC 3515. The 202 Accepted response is the initial response for REFER. This does not mean the REFER is successful. The UA which receives the REFER should sought approval before acting upon the REFER. 202 Accepted means the UA has received the REFER request and it has understood the REFER. It will then seek approval from the user and then send NOTIFY and 200 OK back to
complete the REFER.

-------
Raj Kunnukattil
YIM: raj_kunnukattil