[SIPForum-discussion] No Ring Back Tone Issue

Torstein Knutsen torstein.knutsen at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 06:46:59 UTC 2008

Hi there

Beware that most operators do not allow early media as a
*default*configuration. Especially if you have an ISDN interconnect,
it's not usual
enabled from the operators side. Meaning that "you" cannot send early media
back to the operaor.
Meaning that if a call flows trough your net like this :
(A-sub->PSTN->SBC1->...internet...->SBC2->PSTN->B-sub) Then early
media(ringtones, announcements etc) from B-subs "PSTN" will not reach A-subs
PSTN if SBC1's interconnect stops early-media...

regards
Torstein