[SIPForum-discussion] [Sip] SIP Trunk implementation in a PBX

Dan York dyork at voxeo.com
Fri Aug 29 03:20:24 UTC 2008

Anisha,

I would head over to the SIP Forum website and check out the
specification for "SIPconnect".  Basically it is a specification for
SIP interoperability between IP-PBXs and SIP service providers.  The
ultimate goal is that if you have a "SIPconnect-compliant" IP-PBX you
should be able to establish a SIP trunk to a "SIPconnect-compliant"
SIP Service Provider with a very minimal amount of interoperability
testing.  The SIPconnect specification essentially defines a series of
SIP-related RFCs that need to be implemented in order to become
"SIPconnect-compliant".  You can find more info at:  http://www.sipforum.org/content/view/290/290/

Having said all this, if you are trying to add SIP trunk capabilities
to an *existing* IP-PBX that does not have SIP support already, you'll
need to look at how you can add some other device or software to your
existing system to enable the SIP connection.

Regards,
Dan

P.S. The IETF SIP list is not the place for that discussion, but the
SIP Forum discussion is (which is why I removed the IETF SIP list).

--
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     dyork at voxeo.com
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com

Build voice applications based on open standards.
Find out how at http://www.voxeo.com/free