[SIPForum-discussion] Antwort: SIP original A-number

Roland.Gloeckler at arcor.net Roland.Gloeckler at arcor.net
Wed Aug 27 16:25:57 UTC 2008

Hi,
Have a look at the History-Info header (RFC 4244). An outdated way is the
diversion header (see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-levy-sip-diversion-08), that still can be
seen in a lot of implementations. See also
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mohali-diversion-history-info-00 for a
mapping between both.

Regards
Roland

27.08.2008 18:15

Gesendet von: discussion-bounces at sipforum.org

Absender:
"Jimmy Svensson" <Jimmy.Svensson at tdc.se>
An

<discussion at sipforum.org>

Kopie

Thema

[SIPForum-discussion] SIP original A-number

Hi!

Is there any features in SIP to enable show original A-number? Any special
fields that can be used?

We as an operator use SIP-trunking to connect enterprise PBXes and see a
demand to display the original A-number when doing an external forwarding.
In this case someone calls an extension in the PBX that is forwarded to an
external number. A new call leg is created to call this external number,
here I want the original A-number to be shows as From but this is not
allowed because of A-number-validation in our application server.

Any good solutions/workarounds?
Thanks!

Jimmy Svensson
Network Engineer