[SIPForum-discussion] SIP original A-number

Singleton, Andrew R. ANDREW.SINGLETON at mcleodusa.com
Wed Aug 27 18:38:09 UTC 2008

The key is diversion header, your application server needs to be able to route advance on diversion.  I think some do this with history-info but not 100% sure on that one.  We use diversion.

333-3333 = Cell phone from external source
111-1111 = Customers desk phone (find me follow me, or call forward to 222-2222)
222-2222 = customers cell phone

333-3333->111-1111->222-2222

In ISDN world you have:  OCN, original called number, calling party number, called party number and Redirecting number.  In our example:
Calling party number:  333-3333
OCN = 111-1111
Called party number = 222-2222
Redirecting number = 111-1111

SIP:
>From = 333-3333
To = 222-2222
Diversion Header = 111-1111 (I believe populated from the ISDN OCN or Redirecting number, not 100% sure here.  Or if not ISDN, as in a IP PBX, this should be populated by the customer prem based equipment)

There are other field but these are the important ones.

The diversion header is the key.  So as long as the customers equipment populates the diversion header information, we are good.

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 9:55 AM
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] SIP original A-number

Hi!

Is there any features in SIP to enable show original A-number? Any special fields that can be used?

We as an operator use SIP-trunking to connect enterprise PBXes and see a demand to display the original A-number when doing an external forwarding. In this case someone calls an extension in the PBX that is forwarded to an external number. A new call leg is created to call this external number, here I want the original A-number to be shows as From but this is not allowed because of A-number-validation in our application server.

Any good solutions/workarounds?
Thanks!

Jimmy Svensson
Network Engineer
Technology Planning

TDC Sverige AB
Box 799
SE-191 27 SOLLENTUNA
Tel +46 8 563 101 23 dir.
Tel +46 8 519 810 00 vxl.
Mobil +46 701 81 01 23
Email jimmy.svensson at tdc.se<mailto:jimmy.svensson at tdc.se>
Web tdc.se

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying, or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20080827/605ac9db/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list