[SIPForum-discussion] SIP original A-number

Singleton, Andrew R. ANDREW.SINGLETON at mcleodusa.com
Wed Aug 27 18:38:09 UTC 2008

The key is diversion header, your application server needs to be able to route advance on diversion.  I think some do this with history-info but not 100% sure on that one.  We use diversion.

333-3333 = Cell phone from external source
111-1111 = Customers desk phone (find me follow me, or call forward to 222-2222)
222-2222 = customers cell phone

333-3333->111-1111->222-2222

In ISDN world you have:  OCN, original called number, calling party number, called party number and Redirecting number.  In our example:
Calling party number:  333-3333
OCN = 111-1111
Called party number = 222-2222
Redirecting number = 111-1111

SIP:
>From = 333-3333
To = 222-2222
Diversion Header = 111-1111 (I believe populated from the ISDN OCN or Redirecting number, not 100% sure here.  Or if not ISDN, as in a IP PBX, this should be populated by the customer prem based equipment)

There are other field but these are the important ones.

The diversion header is the key.  So as long as the customers equipment populates the diversion header information, we are good.