[SIPForum-discussion] Use of DHCP to obtain IP of Proxy Server by UAC?

ayan ayan.kar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:54:46 UTC 2008

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the pointers, they helped iron out my doubts.
In a nutshell, here's what I understood  :
The client will broadcast the request to in it's local subnet and the
DHCP server will reply with the info which may be an uri list or IP
address list and so client gets to know the outbound proxy address
using DHCP.

Regards,
Ayan