[SIPForum-discussion] Problem with NOTIFY recieved afterunregistering

m_atif saeed m_atif_saeed at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 17:44:15 UTC 2008

You can get help of Presence RFC, SIMPLE Protocols draft.
Subscriprtion have notification associated with it and have a call id associated with it, beside the call id there are also TO TAg and from Tag are included who maked the Dialog for presence info and notification exchange, So you have to take care of  tags and call ids for the proper dialog mangement .
Thanks
Muhammad Atif Saeed

----- Original Message ----
To: varunjith tk <varunjithtk22 at gmail.com>; discussion at sipforum.org
Sent: Friday, August 8, 2008 10:25:19 AM
Subject: Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Problem with NOTIFY recieved afterunregistering

You have to understand the combination of various RFCs to get clear picture. These are RFC 2778, RC 3856 and RFC 3903.
Presence Server has a Presence Compositor which gets its feed from a PUA (Presence User Agent) and then a send a composite notification to the Watchers.
So although only the state of ABC has changed but you anyway get a composite report about your subscription of that event package, which include state of XYZ as well.

However with this you would suspect why waste bandwidth and why not generate only the requisite notification. So, unsurprisingly there is a notion of ‘Partial Notification’ as described in draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify-10 which describes what it just says in title. But if you are a client side then you would not want to depend on this but instead cater for both of composite and partial notification.

Hope this helped.

- Nittin Dutt
(nutsnduts)

From:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org [mailto:discussion-bounces at sipforum.org] On Behalf Of varunjith tk
Sent: 05 August 2008 11:44
To: discussion at sipforum.org
Subject: [SIPForum-discussion] Problem with NOTIFY recieved afterunregistering

HI all

Am trying to retrive presence of my buddies

First am send a SUBSCRIBE with request line ,To, From and contact header as below

Request-Line: SUBSCRIBE sip:ABC at ims.ap.tieto.com;contacts=presence  
                SIP/2.0
To: <sip:ABC at ims.ap.tieto.com>
From: "varun_q" <sip:varun_q at ims.ap.tieto.com>;tag=42493EC3

where varun_q is my sip uri and ABC is my buddy whose presence i want to monitor.After this am getting a NOTIFY with the presence info of ABC.Then am send again a SUBSCRIBE to XYZ .
Later when ABC unregisters am getting a NOTIFY from XYZ  with presence info of ABC.Why is this happenig Am expecting tha in the NOTIFY I shoi\uld have ABC instead of XYZ since ABC has unregistered

Regards
Varun

To report this email as spam click here.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://sipforum.org/pipermail/discussion/attachments/20080808/a081a218/attachment-0002.html>

More information about the discussion mailing list