[SIPForum-discussion] record route

Franz Edler franz.edler at inode.at
Sun Aug 3 19:51:27 UTC 2008

Hi Raghul,

>  What do the following parameters mean in record route?
>
> Record-Route:
> <sip:xx.xx.xx.xx:5060;lr;a;t=2c41;s=b07e28aa8f94660e8545313a44b9ed50>
>
>   I know Lr means loose routing. But what abt a,t,s. Please can someone
> explain?

These are additional parameters of the server which creates the Record-Route
header field. These parameters are only meaningful for the server which made
the entries. No other network node needs to understand the parameters.

The parameters are copied into the Route header field. The server can in
this way store additional state information in the requests. But again: the
parameters are only relevant for the server which inserts the parameters.

-franz