[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Mandatory fields

Sachin Parnami sachin.mobite at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 05:12:10 UTC 2008

Hi Sylvester,

I think
this will solve your confusion.

*                                                       dialog
                                          reg./redir. Contact/
              default  Req.-URI  To  From  Contact   R-R/Route  external
user          --          o      o    o       o          o         o
password      --          o      o    o       o          o         o
host          --          m      m    m       m          m         m
port          (1)         o      -    -       o          o         o
user-param    ip          o      o    o       o          o         o
method        INVITE      -      -    -       -          -         o
maddr-param   --          o      -    -       o          o         o
ttl-param     1           o      -    -       o          -         o
transp.-param (2)         o      -    -       o          o         o
lr-param      --          o      -    -       -          o         o
other-param   --          o      o    o       o          o         o
headers       --          -      -    -       o          -         o
*

Entries marked "m" are mandatory, those
   marked "o" are optional, and those marked "-" are not allowed.

Regards,
Sachin Parnami