[SIPForum-discussion] Bye request

mjhorse mjhorse at qq.com
Fri Apr 25 03:52:49 UTC 2008

Hi
 I made a mistake and thanks for all you guys' reminding
 I think it's CANCEL that is hop-by-hop under any situation not BYE, right?
 As well as 4xx failling responses??

 ------------------
  by mj

  From:  "JAYESH"<thesweethuman at yahoo.co.in>;
 Date:  Thu, Apr 24, 2008 10:52 PM
 To:  "mjhorse"<mjhorse at qq.com>;

 Subject:  Re: [SIPForum-discussion] Bye request

  With the record route header ALL signalling that has to go will always have to traverse the Signaling proxy server as inserted in the record route field, BYE also forms a part of the signaling code, for many systems which do billing, BYE will signify the end of the call time & hence the billing will depend upon it,
 so BYE will always traverse the record route IP's,

mjhorse <mjhorse at qq.com> wrote:
  Hi
 In my point of view, BYE will always be hop-by-hop regardless whether Route-Record is inserted in INVITE or under other conditions.

  by mj