[SIPForum-discussion] SIP Unsupported media type

Zuñiga, Guillermo Guillermo.Zuniga at cwpanama.com
Mon Apr 21 19:44:50 UTC 2008

Hi Mrs

How can give a tips?
I am sending Calling from a SipEndpoint to a Fax at the PSTN,
And I am getting a SIP Unsupported media type messages and then the connection is drop.

In the invite coming from a AplicationServer-AS to a VerazSoftswitch I am seeing the parameter (a=silenceSupp:off - - - -), maybe I need to Fake someone of the two equipments.

I have T38 codec define to the PSTN.

Somebody can tell if I can get a TABLE where I could see what mean the value are in the media type parameter (m=audio 40038 RTP/AVP 18 0 8 97) I know that 18 is G729, but after this value always are other values in this case 0 8 97?

Regards
Guillermo.