[SIPForum-discussion] HELP NEEDED URGENTLY

Ganesh Bhattathiri ganesh_bhattathiri at persistent.co.in
Thu Apr 10 13:04:05 UTC 2008

Hi  People,

Some of the values in the ABNF is suppose to be 32LHEX (32  Hex Digits in
lowercase), but the problem is that when implemented these values are
encoded into a base64, how will I go forward with this problem now? How will
I parse such Headers, do I go against the ABNF and use BASE64 in the
expression or do I use 32LHEX and take a risk of getting an error?

The following is one of the header which has the problem what I am speaking
about.

ABNF

Identity= "Identity" HCOLON signed-identity-digest

signed-identity-digest= LDQUOT 32LHEX RDQUOT

While Implementing

Identity:
     "sv5CTo05KqpSmtHt3dcEiO/1CWTSZtnG3iV+1nmurLXV/HmtyNS7Ltrg9dlxkWzo
      eU7d7OV8HweTTDobV3itTmgPwCFjaEmMyEI3d7SyN21yNDo2ER/Ovgtw0Lu5csIp
      pPqOg1uXndzHbG7mR6Rl9BnUhHufVRbp51Mn3w0gfUs="

the above value of identity is the BASE64 encoded. How do I parse it? Please
help.

Can you help me out with this?

RFC 4474 is the RFC for this header used in SIP.

Thanks and regards,

Ganesh